Saturday, February 13, 2010

Regalia








I posted a picture on my facebook of regalia but, wanted to show some more pictures I found on the webb of traditional dance Regalia,for woman on my blogger. Regalia is for a Fancy Shawl dancer who wears a dress made of a shiny fabric such as taffeta or, satin while doing certain dances that show a way of praising Grandfather(higher power) or, mother earth.The skirt usually reaches to about mid-calf and, is flared at the knee to allow for those fancy dance steps the dress is accompanied with a shawl and the dancers foot wear are called moccosans.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful but I have often wondered if there is any significance to the fringe? Which reminds me, I saw a fringe purse at Macy's yesterday, small and $$$$$$ - I could not help but think that most people likely do not know the roots of the style they are paying for - strange how consumerism takes what it wants from various cultures and repackages things for $$

    ReplyDelete